Annually, TPPA provides musical education and promotes equality and social justice for more than 12,000 people in the North Carolina. The majority of audience members are likely heterosexual, reached through performances at churches, sporting events, social events, Festivals and other outreach events, as well as the public performances each Spring & Winter. The mission of TPPA is to perform choral music to entertain, enlighten, and enrich while promoting equality and social justice for all. The following are just some of the ways in which TPPA has engaged the broader community:
Triad Pride Performing Arts Outreach
- Singing the National Anthem at Greensboro grasshopper Games since 2006
- Performing and participating in Winston-Salem Pride Festival: since inception in 2012
- Performing and participating in Greensboro Pride Festival: since inception in 2007
- Performing and participating in Burlington Pride Festival: since inception in 2015
- TPMC Holiday Concert Selections aired on 88.5 WFDD: since December 2007
- TPMC & Triangle Gay Men’s Chorus held a joint concert at Greensboro Cultural Center 2008, 2014.
- TPMC & Schola Cantorosa (Hamburg Germany Gay Chorus) held a joint concert and discussion about being gay in Germany July 11th 2008.
- TPMC & Cantaria (The Gay Men’s Chorus of Asheville) held a joint concert at Greensboro Cultural Center on April 28th 2012.
- TPMC attended & performed at the GALA Choruses Festival in 2004 (Montréal), 2008 (Miami), 2012 (Denver), and 2016 (Denver)